You want your bathroom to be a Less Abled Bathroom
With level Access? Maybe a Wetroom?
Maybe you have already considered the layout of your bathroom and want to ensure it makes the best use of space and will meet your current and future needs. Without sacrificing style. Or you already have had a home visit from an Occupational Therapist and you are now in the process of applying for a grant.
Did you know you may be eligible for one or more of the following grants, VAT refunds or tax credit schemes:
- Housing Aid for Older Persons Scheme for improving the condition of an older person’s home.
- Mobility Aids Grant Scheme for alterations, such as grab rails and level access showers. (This grant is means-tested.)
- If you have a Medical Card or a Long Term Illness Card, you may be entitled to get essential items of equipment free of charge. First, you must be assessed by an Occupational Therapist.
- VAT refund on equipment needed for someone with a disability.
- Tax credit under the Home Renovation Incentive
- Grant aid under the Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme or the Better Energy Homes Scheme
Most of these require you to get advance approval before starting any works. For more information check out the Citizens Information website.
Why choose Phoenix Plumbing & Heating
- We have a proven track record of working with clients who have planned for their future accessibility needs, and renovated their bathroom to accommodate Level Access Shower Area With Grab Rails, Shower Seat and a Care Shower.
- We have also established a reputation of working with Our Clients and their Occupational Therapists to deliver bathrooms that meet current and future needs.
- Our bathrooms are fully compliant with regulations and local authority requirements.
- We will survey your bathroom and make sure you have all the information you need before you make any final decision on the design of your new bathroom.
- In our survey we will check out the hot and cold water services pipework, waste water pipework and heating system. We will also check out the condition of your walls, ceiling and floors. This is crucially important as it can mean the difference between being able to have concealed pipework or ending up with having to have surface mounted pipework that will then need to be boxed in.
- We will then plan how to plumb your new bathroom into your existing water, heating and waste systems.
- We will also accurately measure the room and, from that, design the best layout for your bathroom. We will advise you on the bathroom furniture that best fit your space, and your needs. And remember, Phoenix Plumbing & Heating is not a stockist or agent for any brands so the advice we give is 100% based on your needs.
- We will go through every unit with you, talking about the options when it comes to size, finish and how it is fitted. For example, floor standing and wall-hung both have their advantages, and we can discuss that with you.
- We provide a quotation for submitting as part of a grant application.
- Once you have decided on your bathroom furniture and wall & floor finishes that’s all your work done. Then we do our work delivering your new bathroom.
Phoenix Plumbing & Heating are a completely independent installer of bathroom solutions. We are 100% committed to working with you to meet your tastes and requirements.